Lorde’s latest single, ‘Yellow Flicker Beat,’ will arrive on Sept. 29
Lorde has a new single on the way that will appear on the soundtrack of the upcoming film “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1,” and the alternative pop singer has dropped the news that the tune will arrive on Sept. 29. Lorde made the announcement via Twitter, adding that the song will be called “Yellow Flicker Beat.” The much-anticipated track will mark Lorde’s first single since the breakout success of her album, “Pure Heroine,” in 2013.
A few weeks ago, Lorde Tweeted out one lyric from the upcoming song: “I’m a princess cut from marble/smoother than a storm.”
“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1” is due out in November, and Lorde is putting together the entire soundtrack for the movie. So far, she hasn’t announced what artists will be featured on the soundtrack, but according to the Lumineers’ rep, the group will contribute a song to the album.
Lorde is currently touring North America, and she’s slated to perform at Austin City Limits on the festival’s second weekend, which will take place Oct. 10 through 12.
- Radiohead, New Order, Lorde + More Set for Coachella
- Lorde, Imagine Dragons and Bastille Score American Music Awards Nominations
- Lorde Releases New Single, ‘Yellow Flicker Beat’
- Pearl Jam, Lorde, Beck and More to Play Austin City Limits
- Nirvana Perform with Joan Jett, Kim Gordon, Annie Clark and Lorde at Rock Hall Induction