Soundgarden is working on a new documentary about the legendary grunge band
Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Metallica have done it. Now, it’s Soundgarden’s turn. Soundgarden have announced that they are working on a documentary about the band, and they want fans’ help, too. Chris Cornell and company are asking fans to submit any Soundgarden goodies they have stashed for the past few decades.
“As we dig deep into our vaults, we ask that you, the fans, dig into yours,” a statement states on Soundgarden’s official website. “Personal photographs, bootleg video and audio, collected concert posters — your rare piece of music history could be the missing piece we need.”
If you have something you’d like to submit, send a description of what you have to email@example.com with the subject line “Soundgarden Fan Submission.”
In other Soundgarden news, the band recently released “Echo of Miles: Scattered Tracks Across the Path,” a three-disc retrospective featuring some rarities, covers and unreleased tunes.
Photo by Anne Erickson
- Soundgarden Unveil Remixed Version of ‘Flower’
- Soundgarden Announce U.S. Tour Dates
- Soundgarden to Release ‘Ultramega OK’ Reissue
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Talks Pearl Jam Rock Hall Pick
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Reflects on ‘Badmotorfinger’ Years