Paramore singer Hayley Williams is engaged to longtime boyfriend Chad Gilbert
Congratulations are in order for Paramore singer Hayley Williams. After dating for six years, Williams and her boyfriend Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory are engaged.
Gilbert made the announcement on Instagram on New Year’s Eve, stating, “Popped the question on Christmas Day!” plus a photo of his and Hayley’s faces photoshopped onto a wedding picture of a bride and groom. The statement “Getting Married” was written across the Instagram photo. Williams then confirmed the good news, tweeting, “Hey guess what?” with the same picture.
Pretty soon, friends and fans were congratulating Williams. She tweeted, “Can’t even keep up w/ the sweet texts, emails, tweets. Thx so much yall! We’re so psyched!” A few of the celebrities who congratulated the couple were Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy.
Williams has said her relationship with Gilbert inspired Paramore’s song “Still into You.”
- Paramore Announce New Album, ‘After Laughter’
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Defends ‘Misery Business’ Lyrics
- Paramore Singer Hayley Williams Raising Awareness of Breast Cancer with Hard Rock
- Paramore Announce Fall North American Tour Dates
- Paramore, Kings of Leon and Vampire Weekend Added to iTunes Festival