Foo Fighters have the hottest tour on the books this week, according to Billboard
Foo Fighters aren’t even touring in the U.S. yet this year, but they’re already topping the touring charts. The guys have performed so much in South America lately that the guys made it to No. 1 on this week’s Billboard Hot Tours chart. Foo Fighters’ final show on their South America tour on Jan. 31 in Bogotá, Colombia sold out and pulled in more than $3 million.
Next up, Foo Fighters will travel to New Zealand and Australia, followed by a trip back to the U.S. in May to perform at the 2015 Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, Ala. Then, they’ll head back to Europe, and circle once again back to the U.S. for their lengthy U.S. tour, which kicks off July 4 in Washington, D.C.
Other rockers that made Billboard’s Hot Tours chart include Jack White at No. 5, thanks to his sold-out Bridgestone Arena gig in Nashville, Tenn., and Seether and Papa Roach’s co-headlining tour at No. 8. Linkin Park even made the list at No. 3, despite the fact the group had to cancel most of their tour following singer Chester Bennington’s leg injury. Linkin Park’s high showing was due to the power of the two shows the band played before calling off the tour.
Courtesy photo by Ringo
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’