Foo Fighters’ ‘Sonic Highways’ HBO series will be available on DVD and Blu-ray in April
Foo Fighters made a big splash with their HBO documentary series, “Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways” last year, right when the band’s album by the same title was hitting stores. Well, those who missed the shows the first time around will have a chance to watch them when the eight-part series is released on DVD/Blu-ray and via digital outlets April 7.
“Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways” depicts Foos frontman Dave Grohl and his crew as they travel across the U.S. and record their “Sonic Highways” album. Grohl speaks with a variety of celebrated musicians during the episodes, including Slash, ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons, KISS’ Paul Stanley, the Doors’ John Densmore and Robby Krieger, Joe Walsh, Joan Jett, Heart’s Nancy Wilson and Cheap Trick’s Rick Nielsen. After interviewing the musicians, Grohl used notes from his interviews and used them to pen the lyrics for the songs on the album.
On top of the “Sonic Highways” episodes that aired on HBO, the DVD/Blu-ray version of the show will offer bonus materials, including extended interviews with Walsh, Gibbons, Jett, President Barack Obama and more.
“Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways” will go on pre-sale via Foo Fighters’ official website and iTunes starting on March 9.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’