Season two of Dave Grohl’s ‘Sonic Highways’ is on
Dave Grohl’s “Sonic Highways” HBO documentary series was a hit and scored four Emmy nominations. The series, which followed the making of Foo Fighters‘ “Sonic Highways” album of at various studios across the country, is getting a second season, and Grohl is stoked.
As for what the next season will entail, that’s still being decided.
“I don’t know. We’ve got into the production logistics of doing another season and the people of HBO have basically said, just do whatever you want to do,” Grohl told Billboard.com. He added the people at HBO have been so cool “that it wouldn’t be difficult to figure out another season. It would be really easy, for sure.”
Grohl says the series will still follow the idea that “everywhere has a musical history.”
“It doesn’t matter if it’s Lawrence, Kansas or Jakarta or Reykjavik, Iceland or Ft. Lauderdale, Florida,” he said. “It doesn’t necessarily have to be the Foo Fighters, it could be musicians from each one of those cities, it could be someone from another country coming to that country to discover the music from there. The thing that made it different from just a documentary about each one of those cities was mixing (in) the creative process (of writing a song.)”
The Emmy Awards will air Sept. 20 on Fox.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’