Foo Fighters are now Emmy Award winners
Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters are happy campers this week. The Foos’ “Sonic Highways” HBO series picked up two of their four nominations at the Creative Arts Emmys this past weekend. The band already has 11 Grammy Awards. What’s next? An Oscar?
“Sonic Highways” picked up the awards at the Creative Arts Emmys ceremony in Los Angeles Saturday, winning in two categories: outstanding sound editing for nonfiction programming and outstanding sound mixing for nonfiction programming.
In other musical Emmy news, “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck” was nominated for eight Creative Emmy Awards, but didn’t pick up any.
“Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways” documented the band’s travels around the country as they recorded their album of the same name.
Grohl has promised a season two for “Sonic Highways” on HBO, although details about the show are pending.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’