Check out a clip from Rage Against the Machine’s upcoming ‘Live at Finsbury Park’ set
Rap-rockers Rage Against the Machine performed a special show in London’s Finsbury Park back in 2010, and a recording of the performance will arrive as a live Blu-ray/DVD called “Live at Finsbury Park” next month. To get fans pumped for the release, producer Eagle Rock Entertainment has posted a clip from the concert of Rage playing their chart-topper “Bulls on Parade,” which is up on YouTube.
The “Live at Finsbury Park” collection will also include performances of “Testify,” “Killing in the Name,” “Bombtrack” and a cover of the Clash’s “White Riot,” to name a few. The story behind the performance is that an English DJ started a campaign back in 2009 to make “Killing in the Name” the No. 1 song on the U.K. singles chart on Christmas day to prevent the new U.K. “X-Factor” winner from scoring the honors, which was usually the case. It worked, and to thank fans for their support, Rage Against the Machine performed a free show at London’s Finsbury Park in June 2010.
“Live at Finsbury Park” will arrive on Blu-ray, DVD and online on Oct. 16.
- Rage Against the Machine is a Punk Band, Says Tim Commerford
- Prophets of Rage Announce Details on Debut EP, ‘The Party’s Over’
- Hear Prophets of Rage’s Debut Single
- Prophets of Rage Tap AWOLNATION to Open on U.S. Tour
- Prophets of Rage Wants to ‘Cause a Ruckus’ at Republican Convention