Foo Fighters fans in Cesena, Italy, will get their first-ever Foos show this November
Ask and you shall receive. Last summer, more than 1,000 Foo Fighters fans congregated in Cesena, Italy, to perform the Foos’ 1999 single “Learn to Fly” in hopes to get Dave Grohl and the guys to play their hometown. Now, responding to the viral video, which is up to 25 million views on YouTube, the band has announced their debut show in Cesena.
“I’ll never forget that day that my phone was flooded with texts from friends, all saying ‘Have you seen this???’, ‘Amazing!’, ‘So insane!’ with an anonymous YouTube link attached,” Grohl wrote on the Foos’ website. “Assuming it was just another ‘CAT GETTING STUCK IN A PAPER BAG’ video, I didn’t bite at first, but after the 10,000th message, I clicked the link and was absolutely blown away by what I saw.”
He added, “To see so many people put so much time, and effort, and love into making music moved me to tears. And the fact that it was a Foo Fighters song…well…it’s hard to put into words how humbled that made me feel. It is without a doubt one of the most beautiful experiences of my entire life.”
Foo Fighters’ Cesena show will happen on Nov. 3 at Carisport.
In other news, the Foos just finished their North American tour behind their latest studio album, “Sonic Highways.”
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’