Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl has some new ink to pay tribute to Lemmy Kilmister
Dave Grohl is paying tribute to Motorhead main man Lemmy Kilmister, who passed away on Monday (Dec. 28), with some new ink. A tattoo artist in Las Vegas posted a photo of him with Grohl on Instagram, and Grohl is seen showing off a shiny new ace of spades tattoo. “Ace of Spades,” of course, is Motorhead’s most famous tune.
Those commenting on the Instagram photo also pointed out that the writing around the ace of spades tattoo looks like it says “Shake Your Blood,” which is the title of the tune Kilmister and the Foo Fighters frontman recorded together when active in Grohl’s side project, the metal-leaning Probot.
Foo Fighters published a tribute to Kilmister their Facebook page, stating, “We’ve lost a friend & legend. My heart is broken. RIP Lemmy. Born To Lose, Lived To Win.”
Kilmister passed away at the age of 70 of an aggressive form of cancer, which Motorhead stated he found out about only a few days prior.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’