Linkin Park album update from Mike Shinoda
Linkin Park multi-instrumentalist Mike Shinoda is keeping fans informed about the progress of the band’s upcoming studio album. In a new newsletter to fans, Shinoda and the guys of Linkin Park discuss the new album and what will set this album apart from the group’s previous releases.
“I had an epiphany today about the album. Right now, in the studio, the foundations of the songs are there…I think it’s time to shift into the next gear,” Shinoda stated. “Let’s discover the voice of this album…I want to get into experimentation mode, get weirder, and record more live instruments.”
He added, “I said at the beginning, I want this album to be our best. Let’s do this!” Shinoda concludes the note saying he’s “amped.”
In other news, Linkin Park also just unleashed a 360 degree video clip of Shinoda offering a tour of the studio, which is posted on YouTube.
- Linkin Park Release Emotional Video for ‘Heavy’
- Linkin Park Announce New Album, ‘One More Light’
- Linkin Park Give New Album Update
- Linkin Park Offer ‘Hybrid Theory’-Themed Clothing for Giving Tuesday
- Linkin Park Share Bongo-Heavy Studio Footage