The newly reunited Live has a 2017 show on the way
The folks behind Rock on the Range announced their 2017 lineup late last year, but that bill just got a bit larger. Mainstay ‘90s rock band Live and modern rockers Of Mice & Men were just announced for the upcoming festival, which is set for May 19 through 21 in Columbus, Ohio.
The Live booking is an interesting one, because it marks one of the band’s first tour dates with original frontman Ed Kowalczyk back on board. The band announced a reunion of original members late last year, promising 2017 tour dates and new music. Kowalczyk was with Live for around 20 years, but left the band in 2009. While Kowalczyk was away from the group, he pursued a solo career, and Live recorded one album, 2014’s The Turn, with a different vocalist. As for Of Mice & Men, singer Austin Carlile recently left the group to deal with the connective tissue disorder Marfan syndrome.
If you’re looking to get Rock on the Range tickets, the music festival is already sold out. Headliners this year include Metallica, Soundgarden and Korn. For information, head to RockontheRange.com.
- Ed Kowalczyk Readying New Album Featuring R.E.M. Guitarist Peter Buck
- Live Frontman Ed Kowalczyk Discusses ‘I Alone’ Music Video
- Third Eye Blind, Alex Clare, Live’s Ed Kowalczyk Confirmed for 2013 South by Southwest Festival
- Ed Kowalczyk of Live Talks New Solo EP, Chris Cornell and More
- Live Singer Ed Kowalczyk Talks Going Solo and New EP ‘The Garden’